|Автор учебника:||Афанасьева О.В.|
Правки, дополнительные вопросы по упражнению и теме можно оставлять на странице обсуждения.
Описание задания[править | править код]
You'll hear stories about three English kings (No 3). Below are questions and answers to them, Choose the most suitable answers.
William the Conqueror[править | править код]
1. Why did William's soldiers feel reluctant to cross the Channel and attack the English?
- a) They were afraid of the English attack.
- b) They were afraid of the sea storm coming to the shores of France.
- c) They were afraid that their good luck had left them.
2. What helped William to make his followers believe that good fortune was on their side?
- a) The appearance of several new ships in the sea.
- b) The appearance of the comet in the sky.
- c) The appearance of the sun in the east.
King John[править | править код]
1. Why did King Henry II die?
- a) Because King John’s fight against the French was not successful.
- b) Because King John joined the French to fight against his father.
- c) Because King John joined the French to fight against his brother Richard.
2. What was King John's plan to become king?
- a) He asked the German Emperor to keep his brother in Germany.
- b) He paid the German Emperor 100000 pounds to keep his brother in Germany.
- c) He made the German Emperor keep his brother in Germany.
King Charles II[править | править код]
1. Why were London streets crowded with people on a May day in 1660?
- a) They wanted to hear the bells ringing.
- b) They wanted to welcome Charles back.
- c) They wanted to see the royal procession.
2. What was Charles’ reign darkened by?
- a) A fatal illness breaking out.
- b) A new war breaking out.
- c) A terrible fire breaking out.