|Автор учебника:||Афанасьева О.В.|
Описание и ответ задания[править | править код]
A. Do you know Russian history? Choose the right item. (Correct answer marked with bold font)
- Christianity was introduced into Rus’ by ....
a) Grand Prince Vladimir b) Ivan the Terrible c) Catherine II
- St. Petersburg was the capital of Russia in the years ....
a) 1703-1917 b) 1712-1918 c) 1712-1917
- The Tatar yoke was thrown off during the reign of ... in 1480.
a) Grand Prince Vladimir b) Ivan III c) Ivan IV
- Ivan III reigned in the years 1462—1505 and claimed that Moscow was “The Third Rome” — after ....
a) Athens b) Paris c) Constantinople
- The tzar who proclaimed! himself Emperor and turned Russia into a great power by his victories over Sweden in the Great Northern War was ....
a) Ivan IV (the Terrible) b) Peter I c) Alexander I
- The Romanov dynasty ruled until ....
a) 1905 b) 1917 c) 1725
- In February 1945 the “Big Three” leaders — Stalin, Roosevelt and Churchill — met at ... to decide the future of postwar Europe.
a) Yalta b) Sevastopol c) Simpheropol
- The Great Patriotic War was over in ....
a) May 1945 b) July 1945 c) September 1945
- The Soviet Union was dissolved? in ... .
a) 1981 b) 1991 c) 2001
- The first president of the Russian Federation was ....
a) Yeltsin b) Putin c) Gorbachev
B. Do you know history of Great Britain? Choose the right item. (Correct answer marked with bold font)
- James VI of Scotland became also James I of England in ....
a) 1503 b) 1603 c) 1703
- In ... England and Scotland were joined by an Act of Union which abolished the Scottish parliament.
a) 1507 b) 1607 c) 1707
- King Edward I of England defeated the native princes of Wales in ... and named his son “Prince of Wales” (since then the eldest son of the king or queen of England has traditionally been given this title).
a) 1301 b) 1401 c) 1501
- Wales was brought into the English system of national and local government by an Act of Union in ....
a) 1336 b) 1436 1536
- In ... rebellions’ by Jacobites who wanted a Catholic king in Scotland | and hoped to put Prince Charles Edward Stuart (Bonnie Prince Charlie) on the throne were finally defeated at Culloden, near Inverness.
a) 1716 b) 1746 c) 1816
- 6. Queen Victoria came to the throne in ....
a) 1737 b) 1837 c) 1937
- George V changed the name of the royal family to Windsor in ....
a) 1857 b) 1900 c) 1917
- Oliver Cromwell became Lord Protector in ... .
a) 1653 b) 1753 c) 1853
- Winston Churchill became Prime Minister of the UK in ....
a) 1900 b) 1920 c) 1940
- Margaret Thatcher became Prime Minister of the UK in ....
a) 1969 b) 1979 c) 1989