Описание задания и ответ[править | править код]
Read the text again and find out:
1) how Peter demonstrated his politeness when he met Wendy;
Answer: When Peter met Wendy, he doffed his hat and made her a gallant bow.
2) in what way Wendy's name differed from Peter's;
Answer: Wendy's name differed from Peter's in that it had two syllables.
3) what Peter's address was;
Answer: Peter's address was with the lost boys.
4) what made Peter very happy;
Answer: The idea of having a mother made Peter very happy.
5) when Peter ran away from home;
Answer: Peter ran away from home the day he was born.
6) where Peter had lived before and where he was living then;
Answer: Peter had lived in Kensington Gardens before, but was living with the lost boys at the time he met Wendy.
7) what story Wendy's mother was telling the children when Peter came to listen at the window;
Answer: Wendy's mother was telling the children the story of Cinderella when Peter came to listen at the window.
8) what made Peter ask Wendy to come away with him;
Answer: Peter asked Wendy to come away with him to be a mother to the lost boys and to tell them stories.
9) what he said she could do for them.
Answer: He said that Wendy could tuck them in at night and make pockets for their treasures.
Перевод задания и ответа[править | править код]
Другие задачи учебника[править | править код]